Dansen in Het Park (Dancing in The Park) offers weekly dance improvisation classes in the Summer on Monday evening from 19:30 - 21:00 in Het Park at the Euromast taught by dance improvisation teachers.
Classes and teachers in 2023:
- 10 July: Maroula Iliopoulou
- 17 July: Erik van Duijvenbode
- 24 July: Erik van Duijvenbode
- 31 July: Maroula Iliopoulou
- 7 August: Esther Gernette
- 14 August: Thomas Körtvélyessy
- 21 August: Pnina Schupper Levy
These are single classes. You can join per week. You do not need to have experience with dance or dance improvisation. This is suitable for everybody!
The costs are 10 euros per person. No need to sign up, you can just come to The Park and on the spot pay cash or with a Tikkie. Below is where you can find us.
In very bad weather, we will have to cancel, unfortunately. Think of thunderstorms, heavy rainfall or soggy soil due to previous rain. Of course we do this as well in advance as possible, so that you will not go out for nothing, and you will get your money back in that case. There are many trees around our space that can serve as shelter, so that we can always continue in a light shower.
The location is at the red dot at the bottom left of the map, to the southwest of The Park, between the trees and the pond near the corner Baden Powelllaan-Heuvellaan.
Practical tips and recommendations:
- there is no toilet and no water supply nearby
- so it's nice to have your own water bottle and to take other preparations
- soft, easy-fitting and well-covering clothes dance best
- it can get chilly and may rain lightly: warm clothes and possibly a blanket are useful
- dancing barefoot is possible, but it can be nice if you have spare sports shoes or dance shoes with you. The grass can be dirty and cold or wet and there may be some goose dirt. At the beginning of the lesson we clean the worst together, so that there is nothing sharp.
- you might like to bring some mosquito repellents, especially if you're sensitive to bites of insects